FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Do Early Bird tickets include camping?
A: Yes! Early Bird tickets include free camping if you want it and are limited in quantity. Get yours before they sell out.
Q: Why are you charging for camping?
A: Early Bird tickets include FREE camping (a $50 value). The plan is to upgrade the camping experience. Last year's ticket offer included camping, although not everyone chose to camp.
Q: Will I receive one camping spot per ticket purchased for Early Bird?
A: No. You will receive one camping spot per ticket order.
Q: How do I apply for a press/media pass?
A: Media and press inquiries will be handled closer to the festival. We will have an application on the site at a later date.
Q: How do I reserve a vending spot at the festival?
A: Vendor information will be provided later. Keep your eyes peeled early 2013.
Q: What gate does general admission enter through?
A: General Admission entry will be through Gate B (aka the main gate)
Q: How do I upgrade to VIP if I have a GA pass to Kanrocksas?
A: To upgrade to VIP, please purchase a VIP ticket on the website. You will then need to contact our ticketing company at 1.877.GND.CTRL or support.groundctrl.com and have them refund your GA pass.
Q: Who do I contact for media or press inquiries?
A: For all press or media inquiries please contact Will Gregory at will[at]willgregorypr[dot]com
YES / NO LIST
This is a list of things that you can, and cannot, bring into the venue when you enter.
- Small Purse
- Hip or Butt Pack
- Unopened Water Bottle (limit 1 per person)
- Small Blanket or Towel
- Ear Plugs
- Non Professional Camera (no detachable lenses)
- Sunscreen (cream only)
- Empty Canteen or Water Bottle (no flasks)
- Glow Sticks
- Video Equipment
- Professional or SLR Cameras
- Illegal Narcotics
- Drug Paraphernelia
- Laser Pointers
- Glass Bottles
- Large Containers
- Large Backpacks
- Fireworks or Explosives
- Large Chains or Spiked Bracelets
- Lawn Chairs
- Coolers (any size)
- Aerosol Cans
- Projectiles (security can use their discression at the gate)
FESTIVAL VIP EXPERIENCE
Choose a relaxing, hassle-free and fun state of mind with our VIP experience. You’ll arrive at the Kansas Speedway and drive into the infield to your VIP parking area with private entry to the festival. Store your valuables in your own locker and come on up onto our VIP-only viewing areas to rock out to the music and so much more.
Get into your VIP state of mind with:
- Access to private, tiered, elevated viewing areas with great sight-lines at THREE inside track stages
- Access to the “Chill Lounge” inside the venue – relax in the shaded seating area w/private bar and easy access to viewing decks.
- Access to premium restrooms – air conditioned, flushable, running water
- Get your own private locker – be close to your stuff
- Stay connected with access to phone charging stations
- Separate VIP entry into festival
- Private drive to VIP parking area right on the infield – easy in and out
- Wristband to both days of Kanrocksas
- VIP lanyard/laminate
- VIP food program – access to all the best food at the festival
Come embrace the full festival experience and create a community of fun and passionate music fans in our campground. Party non-stop among your friends and friends you never knew you had.
Camping passes give you access to:
- One space for car and camping (10' x 30')
- Portable toilets/hand washing stations
- Ability to bring in your own supplies to the camping area
- General Store with basic supplies and food and beverage
- ATM inside the track
- Easy access and entry/re-entry from Camping area to festival area on the infield (This is via the fanwalk)
All camping areas are located on the grass fields adjacent to Kansas Speedway. Camping opens on Friday, June 28th at 10:00 a.m. CST and will remain open continuously throughout the festival, closing on Sunday, June 30th at noon CST. All camping spots are good for the entire weekend. Everyone entering the Campgrounds is required to have a festival pass. If you already purchased a festival pass and want a camping spot visit Kanrocksas.com/store to add one to your existing order. More information will be announced at Kanrocksas.com as further details become available. No RV's, busses, or box trucks allowed in the camping area.
VENUE MAP / DIRECTIONS
Kansas Speedway is at the intersection of Interstate 70 and Interstate 435 in Kansas City, Kan.
What's the best way into the race track on race day?
Kansas Speedway has several routes to choose from on race day:
• From Interstate 70 - Exit I-70 at 110th Street (exit No. 410). You'll be routed to Speedway Boulevard, where parking attendants will direct you.
• From Highway 7 - Take State Avenue (Highway 24) east to the speedway.
• East of I-435 - Take State Avenue west to the speedway.
• From I-435 - Take Interstate 70 west to 110th Street (exit No. 410).
Please note that as parking lots become filled, entrance gates will be closed. Please continue to proceed to the next open entrance gate for parking.
Follow directions from Kansas law enforcement officers and speedway parking attendants. Stay in your lane, and be alert and aware of cars around you. We recommend race fans leave for the race track early and pay attention to traffic signs, law enforcement officials and parking attendants. The Kansas Highway Patrol and local authorities might route traffic around the speedway on race day. We suggest staying in your lane and following the guidelines and advice of the authorities. They are doing what they can to make sure traffic moves quickly and safely.
For all ticketing support inquiries please contact ground(ctrl) at 1.877.GND.CTRL or support.groundctrl.com